Thursday, March 20, 2008

5 of wands, International Icon

I've been telling the universe (and anyone who'll listen) that I want to do more tarot readings. I was gearing up my nerve to ask about getting into a psychic fair when an opportunity fell into my lap. Within hours I went from wanting to read to having a standing gig. While I was thinking about the opportunity I pulled a card, asking about issues I may have with taking the step.

5 of wands, ah yes, competition. I'm not comfortable with competition. It feels like fighting to me, and where there's a fight there a loser. But looking at this card I don't see a fight, I see differently talented individuals engaged in a friendly game to test their skills.

This card reminds me of the game my son and his friends play. They find sticks and "battle" each other. No one tries to beat the other, I only hear sounds of excitement and delight, and no one's been hurt yet.

Sitting in a room full of other readers, hoping to get a client is not a competition, no matter what my gut may be screaming at me. It's a chance to hone my skill as a reader, to learn how to attract the right client to me, how to present myself to the public.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are good at looking beneath the surface of the picture and applying the insights you receive to real life.

Catherine