Wednesday, March 26, 2008

7 of Swords

The 7 of swords is one sneaky card. Like a thief in the night our actor has swiped someone else's weapons. Where is he taking them? What will he do with them? Why doesn't he take everything? Is he looking back at those two swords with regret that he can't carry them too, or has he just spotted them and is about to turn around and grab them?

The suit of Swords represents the mind. I see these swords as thoughts. Are these other people's ideas? Are they your own ideas which you are gathering up to evaluate and compare? Notice those tents in the background. What do they hide? Perhaps these represent other places to find inspiration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good questions about this card. As you know, I was a little dismayed to see it turn up in my WotY reading. Does it mean I'm going to steal something or will I be robbed? I have a hard time finding the positive in this card.